This is a great song anytime of the year, but especially for Easter. It talks about when the disciples met Jesus on the road after His resurrection and how they did not recognize Him, so Jesus has to break on down for them. : ) Printable pdfs and video tutorial link at the bottom.
It Was Me
1. Their heads hung low Their steps were slow
2. Then a Man appeared And as he drew near
3. They said,” Sir, Have you not heard?
4. For the one who came In the Father’s name
1. As they walked along that long Emmaus Road
2. He asked why are you so sad are things really that bad
3. You must be a stranger in this town
4. He has been cut down they’ve laid his body in the ground.”
As they walked and talked He began to explain
About this Jesus Why he came
He opened the scriptures And began to teach
The Preacher of preachers He began to preach
1. In the wil – der – ness The children had nothing to eat
2. When the three Hebrew children were thrown in the flames
1. Manna from Heaven Fell down at their feet
2. A fourth man appeared They even called him by name
1. When they were dry and thirsty In a foreign land
2. The Manna, The Water, The Man – They’re all the same
1. Living water came forth from a rock in the sand
2. If you’re still confused Let me make it real plain
It was me It was me I’m the one you left back there at Calvary It was me
1. Who do you think hung the stars in the sky Who do you think made the day and the night
2. Who gives life to all who believe Who do you think made the blind to see
1. Who made the flowers Who made the trees Who made the sun and the moon and the seas
2. Who made the very air that you breath Who defeated death and won the victory
It was me It was me I’m the one who died for you At Calvary It was me
Who loved you when no one else would Who saved you when no one else could
It was me
The video tutorial can be found here. The first few minutes is me just playing and singing, for those of you who are visual learners. The rest of the tutorial is dedicated to explaining the scale, the chords, and where they go.
It Was Me, Chord Numbering can be found here with the Roman numeral chord system.
It Was Me in C is found here.
It Was Me with no notation copy is here.
And the 12 Major Scales sheet for easy transposition is found here.