Banana Bread for Bread Machine or Oven — Word Document for printing
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (increase to 2/3 if desired)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (or butter : )
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (or use 1 Tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice then fill the rest of the cup with milk. Let sit for 5 minutes.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas mashed
- Option: I have started adding a 1/4 cup sour cream to this. Yummy!
You can pick up a good hardly used bread machine at Goodwill for $15. Definitely worth the investment. Do not buy if you are trying to lose weight. I actually had a friend give me a bread machine.
For Bread Machine (2 lb loaf)
- Add all of your dry ingredients to the bread pan. Since there is no yeast in this recipe, you don’t have to be so careful with the ingredients.
- Add your wet ingredients EXCEPT BANANAS.
- Start your bread machine using your quick bread setting. After 20 minutes or so, it will beep and you can add your bananas.
- This will take approx 1 hour of baking time.
For Oven (this will take two loaf pans)
- Mix all of your dry ingredients into a big bowl.
- Stir in your wet ingredients. Make sure there are no clumps of dry mix.
- Add bananas.
- Sprinkle brown sugar in the bottom of your baking pan. (It’s all about presentation to the tongue. : )
- Pour in mix.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of mix.
- Bake at 350 for one hour or until you can insert a toothpick or butter knife and it come out dry.
And I would be remiss if I did not include the cream cheese frosting recipe.