With a daughter who eats chips and salsa for breakfast (literally!), I am always running out of salsa. Ginger is 4 and half Cajun. She loves hot salsa! I’m a dipper, and she’s a scooper. Forget the milk and honey–this girl just wants chips and salsa.
My idea of salsa!
So here is a simple salsa recipe that can be thrown together very quickly in your food processor or blender using ingredients that you should have in your cupboard.
- For hot salsa, use two cans of rotel and one can of regular diced tomatoes (all regular size, drain all cans)
- For not-so-hot salsa, use one can of rotel and two cans of regular diced tomatoes (all regular size, drain all cans)
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 Tablespoon of the dried, chopped cilantro
Blend it all up and eat!
Yep, that’s why I call it simple salsa. If it’s too hot, add sugar 1 teaspoon at a time. Keep in mind that the flavors will meld if you let it sit overnight (in the fridge). But we never have left overs.
Want some Frito-Lay bean dip to go with that? Yummo!